What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- About Chris Geidner, a.k.a., the Law Dork
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
state regulators Archive
Sorry, other news has left me a bit behind on the A.G. updates, which right now essentially means figuring out...
In terms of steps that could be taken by the Obama Administration to let state regulators know that they are...
Everyone’s discussion of an “out-of-the-box” possible nominee (read: not an appellate judge or academic) to replace Justice Souter on the...
In light of the lawsuit filed last month by the Cook County Sheriff against Craigslist, I find the timing of...
[Welcome, ATLers! Enjoy this post, check out the rest of Law Dork and bookmark it, and follow me on Twitter!] As...
In other news: A high-school student is suing the State of South Carolina, trying to get it to accept stimulus funds...
Don’t miss: Discussion in Massachusetts about the AG’s Office stepping aside from the defense of state Treasurer Timothy Cahill in pay-to-play...
Here is an interesting development that should be followed by investment fund managers — public and private — across the...
Newly promoted Arizona Governor Jan Brewer — a Republican who took over when Democratic Governor Janet Napolitano moved to D.C....
Not to be missed: Some procurement reform advice. [Administrative Law Prof Blog] In the wake of the Supreme Court decision in Entergy...