What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Buzzing Along
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- About Chris Geidner, a.k.a., the Law Dork
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner just sent out her thank-you message to her email list from her unsuccessful U.S....
As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m still thinking about today. But, I really want to share these three pictures that I...
At Metro Weekly, I report on today’s Senate testimony regarding “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” in “The Army Speaks”: In a blow...
At Metro Weekly, I look at this week’s developments in “DADT Gathers Steam on the Hill“: A week that already was...
The news that Republicans had confirmed 27 of President Obama’s nominees on Thursday night before heading home to recess for...
This week’s Metro Weekly will be featuring a cover package about the future of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. “The Final...
On the eve of the election for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, I (belatedly) wanted to let folks here know about...
As President Obama and former President Clinton lent their support to Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley’s race for U.S. Senate,...
U.S. Senator John McCain, worried about the “comity of the Senate” so much that he reprimanded Sen. Al Franken this...
News today on the legislative front comes from the U.S. Senate. Here’s my Metro Weekly report, “Gay Federal Employees Closer...