What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- Obama Nominates Chai Feldblum, LGBT/Equality Scholar, to EEOC Post
- Judge Walker: Prop 8 Challenge to Continue to Trial
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
Prop 8 Archive
Here’s the preview I wrote at Metro Weekly for today’s closing arguments: More than five months ago, the trial questioning the...
My latest at Metro Weekly, “A Judicial Outing?” looks at the new (or not-so-new) revelation about the judge overseeing the...
As we enter the third week of the Perry v. Schwarzenegger trial, the Plaintiffs spent Monday finishing and resting their...
In Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, today’s campaign finance decision (full coverage at SCOTUSblog), Justice Clarence Thomas — in...
On Thursday, the Proposition 8 trial began with continued cross-examination of Gary M. Segura, Ph.D., Professor of American Politics in...
The Courage Campaign sends word that they are being sued by the Yes on 8 team — ProtectMarriage.com — over...
[UPDATE: Great news! AFER has made available the trial transcripts from the trial thus far and plans to continue doing...
As we enter the second week of Perry v. Schwarzenegger, the trial challenging the constitutionality of California’s Proposition 8, I...
On Friday, the American Foundation for Equal Rights sends word that, testimony of plaintiff witnesses will continue in the Perry...
As I was covering the East Coast on-goings of the West Coast trial for most of Wednesday afternoon and evening,...