What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- Obama Nominates Chai Feldblum, LGBT/Equality Scholar, to EEOC Post
- Judge Walker: Prop 8 Challenge to Continue to Trial
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
Today, a story in divided government showed that the only losers were Ohio’s students — particularly LGBT students. In May, the...
I get that Jennifer Brunner, Ohio’s Secretary of State and one of the two Democrats running for the U.S. Senate...
Issue 2 is a constitutional amendment that the General Assembly abruptly placed on the ballot earlier this year to be...
Today was a complicated day for Ohio. Specifically, it was a complicated day for those officeholders responsible for implementing and...
Several folks have pointed out this Cincinnati Enquirer article from Jon Craig that talks about the “doomed” fate of H.B....
I’m not real interested right now in getting in the middle of the whole Garrison-Ohio blogosphere fiasco, but I did...
A new Quinnipiac Poll is out (with Ohio Senate numbers), and Ohioans — in our role as, well, basically, representative...
Today’s Sunday column from Columbus Dispatch editor Ben Marrison falls flat because of its premise. All newspapers and all newspaper...
. . . much has happened in the past week alone. First, David Langdon, Ohio’s lawyer for religious extremists sued the...
From Marc Kovac @ohiocapitalblog: “No complications during execution.” AKPC_IDS += "3212,";Popularity: 8% [?]