What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- About Chris Geidner, a.k.a., the Law Dork
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
Obama Administration Archive
They let me on the Tee Vee … On Wednesday, Feb. 23, I appeared in the lead segment on Capital Insider,...
Today’s Get Equal protest in front of the White House featured aggressive park police, announcing that not only was Pennsylvania...
Today was a day for celebrating the service of Justice John Paul Stevens. Today was a day for considering the impact...
Yet again, the Department of Justice filed a brief (pdf) in a federal trial court that defends a law in...
My article on this past week’s hearing about Uganda’s proposed Anti-Homosexuality Bill, “Stories of Uganda,” is up at Metro Weekly: Saying...
As we commemorate World AIDS Day, I wrote an article for Metro Weekly, D.C.’s LGBT newsmagazine, about the return of...
What a difference an informed Justice Department makes. The Department of Justice today responded to the Amended Complaint filed by...
Wow. Just in from the mailbag: President Obama announced his intent to nominate the following individuals today: Chai R. Feldblum, Nominee for...
University of Chicago professor and longtime Obama friend Cass Sunstein was confirmed today by the U.S. Senate, on a 57-40...
Sen. Lieberman successfully filed today for cloture on the nomination of Cass Sunstein to direct OIRA, the Office of Information...