What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Buzzing Along
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- About Chris Geidner, a.k.a., the Law Dork
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
So, The DC Examiner decided it was good to do an over-the-top “gay men meet on GrindR” expose video today. When...
I admit a loud laugh at the washingtonpost.com this afternoon. Heh. AKPC_IDS += "4923,";Popularity: 8% [?]
A great truth from Bil Browning at The Bilerico Project, about this past weekend: I was honored to co-host a gathering...
My latest at Metro Weekly, “A Judicial Outing?” looks at the new (or not-so-new) revelation about the judge overseeing the...
This evening, I have a short article up at Metro Weekly on today’s Supreme Court action, “Not Ready for a...
The answer, apparently to some, is as obvious as it is sad: When it involves a man allegedly being attacked...
Chris Cillizza’s snarky dismissal of, along with Chuck Todd’s more ambiguous but similar statement about, the “Did Meg Whitman vote?”...
The Washington Post is reporting that Attorney General Eric Holder plans to name a prosecutor to investigate certain elements of...
Today’s Sunday column from Columbus Dispatch editor Ben Marrison falls flat because of its premise. All newspapers and all newspaper...
The rare “must-read” can be found in today’s Washington Post, where Rick Perlstein explains, with historical detail aplenty, the plight...