What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- About Chris Geidner, a.k.a., the Law Dork
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
judicial nominees Archive
The news that Republicans had confirmed 27 of President Obama’s nominees on Thursday night before heading home to recess for...
It’s fitting, in a way, that a conservative would find a way to view one of President Reagan’s greatest political...
From CBS’ Jill Jackson: Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell says committee would have to review 76 cases per day to be...
Uh oh. We now have more proof of Sonia Sotomayor’s empathy, care of — surprise — Stuart Taylor. Even back...
Enough with the fake alarm, folks. The New York Times, with the grateful permission of the Berkeley La Raza Law Journal,...
Let’s just get that out of the way. There are 59 Democrats and likely a 60th in the form of Al...
The face of change. Well, Jeffrey Rosen, here goes. [UPDATE: Here's a nearly 11-year-old Slate piece by Jacob Weisberg talking about, shockingly,...
From Martin Garbus’ The Next 25 Years: The new Supreme Court and what it means for Americans: As Senator Barack Obama...
This is is a sign of things to come from the new ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. From...
Jeffrey Toobin’s lengthy New Yorker profile of Chief Justice Roberts is instructive — not only for its picture of the...