What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Obama Nominates Chai Feldblum, LGBT/Equality Scholar, to EEOC Post
- Judge Walker: Prop 8 Challenge to Continue to Trial
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
health care reform Archive
As folks watch the House on C-SPAN, President Barack Obama nails down the final votes needed to pass his health...
As President Obama and former President Clinton lent their support to Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley’s race for U.S. Senate,...
A new Quinnipiac Poll is out (with Ohio Senate numbers), and Ohioans — in our role as, well, basically, representative...
Last night, at a little past 12:15 a.m., I wrote about “one important way in which the power of communication...
From the Mount Shasta Area Newspapers: One speaker said he could trace his ancestors back to the Mayflower and said “they...
Absolutely fabulous. So glad to see Dick Armey find no way out of Rachel Maddow’s grasp — other than the...
Liveblog fun. AP and Reuters ask silly process Qs. Chuck Todd asks a bunch of questions that end up at “Will you...
This past week, freshman U.S. Rep. Jared Polis — a Democrat elected to represent Colorado’s Second District — decided it...
Marc Ambinder lays out a two-part marker: bi-partisanship won’t lead to health care reform and Congress won’t pass universal health...
President Obama made a strong case, at the very end of today’s health care summit, for why now. After noting...