What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- About Chris Geidner, a.k.a., the Law Dork
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
financial industry Archive
The New York Times has an impressive graphic presenting information about executive compensation “for 200 chief executives at 198 public...
From The Huffington Post, a potentially explosive investigative piece from Thomas Edsall and Robert Dowling looking into whether New York...
Truly genius. This Dilbert strip from Dec. 13, 2008 has been my computer background since then. AKPC_IDS += "631,";Popularity: 6% [?]
The judge has ruled, per DealBook, that Merrill can’t demand that New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo keep secret the...
AIG CEO Edward Liddy just announced that he has asked anyone who received bonuses of more than $100,000 to return...
House Financial Services Chair Barney Frank announced that he wil be seeking the names of the AIG bonus recipients and...
Andrew Ross Sorkin, whose DealBook column today I discussed earlier, was on Hardball this evening, opposite Pat Buchanan. I’m really not...
I usually agree with, or at least find somewhat convincing, Andrew Ross Sorkin at DealBook in The New York Times. ...
If AIG won’t give back the bonuses, it looks like Geithner is willing to slam down the cookie-jar lid on...
[Welcome, ATLers!] Here’s the letter, per TPM, sent on Saturday from AIG CEO Edward Liddy to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner. It...