What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Obama Nominates Chai Feldblum, LGBT/Equality Scholar, to EEOC Post
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
death penalty Archive
By way of Marc Kovac, the statement from Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections Director Terry Collins: The previous method of...
Today was a complicated day for Ohio. Specifically, it was a complicated day for those officeholders responsible for implementing and...
On Tuesday afternoon, Gov. Ted Strickland finally had to put a stop to a botched execution attempt. According to the...
From Marc Kovac @ohiocapitalblog: “No complications during execution.” AKPC_IDS += "3212,";Popularity: 8% [?]
Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray, a Democrat whose conservative position on the death penalty I previously have noted, appears to...
From the Plain Dealer, disappointing news today: COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland has denied clemency for the triggerman in...
[Thanks much to the folks at The Bilerico Project for cross-posting this piece this evening! -Ed.] There is a lot of...
In 1999, a little more than a year after the killing of Matthew Shepard, his parents, Dennis and Judy Shepard,...
While Gov. Bill Richardson recently signed a bill repealing New Mexico’s death penalty, Ohio Attorney General Rich Cordray is going...
I was taken aback by the following brochure that arrived in my mail this week from the Ohio State Bar...