What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- About Chris Geidner, a.k.a., the Law Dork
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
In Metro Weekly — “Utah Congressman Takes Aim at D.C.” — I take a look at U.S. Rep. Josh Chaffetz’s...
At Metro Weekly, I look today at the steps remaining before marriage equality comes to Washington, D.C., in “Marriage Nears...
Today, President Barack Obama made history when he signed the National Defense Authorization Act, which included the Matthew Shepard and...
This afternoon, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Defense Department Appropriations Reauthorization Conference Report, on a 281-146 roll call...
On the 11th anniversary of the day Matthew Shepard was found, beaten and left for dead, the Conference Report for...
Rep. Patrick Murphy (D- PA, 8th Dist, House site) is leading a special order speeches hour on the House floor...
I was invited this weekend to participate in a roundtable discussion at The Bilerico Project about the Employment Non-Discrimination Act...
This weekend, we learned exactly how long it takes for a D.C. journalist to fall prey to the homogenizing aims...
The Washington Blade’s Chris Johnson reports today that Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA) has not signed on as a co-sponsor of...
Last night, at a little past 12:15 a.m., I wrote about “one important way in which the power of communication...