What is a law dork?Law Dork is Chris Geidner's blog. I am the senior political and legal reporter at BuzzFeed. [Here's my bio.] This blog is inactive, but you should follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
What I write is my opinion and my opinion alone. This blog does not represent the views of any associated clients, colleagues, publications or bosses past, present or future. Please, however, do send me your ideas, thoughts or news.
2009 2010 adoption AG blogging CA Columbus Congress DADT DC death penalty DOD DOJ DOMA ENDA financial industry First Amendment FL fun GOP hate crimes health care reform HIV/AIDS House journalism judicial nominees Law LGBT MA marriage equality Media Metro Weekly NY Obama Obama Administration OH Ohio OIRA Perry Prop 8 regulation SCOTUS Senate state regulators Ted Olson
- Buzzing Along
12 April 2013 5:15 PM | No Comments
- Ten Years Later: Ten Years Back
11 September 2011 12:07 AM | No Comments
- On a Television Near You
24 February 2011 8:45 PM | No Comments
- McCain, Maddow (and Eleveld) and Me
21 September 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments
- Nick Gets Married
27 August 2010 9:06 PM | 1 Comment
- GOP Senate candidate’s family slams his anti-gay beliefs | The Ingram Report on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- Better Know An Anti-LGBT Senate Candidate: State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R-OH) | News 47News 47 on Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- 17 year old kid shot dead by Neighborhood Watch "Captain" - Page 293 - INGunOwners on Hate Crimes Act Makes Conference Report, Death Penalty Gone
- Cecil Cornejo on Obama's DOJ Did Not Have To Go This Far
- Tony on Justice Thomas on ‘Proposition 8-related retaliation’
- Transport marfa international in Insula Juan de Nova sau Romania, in orasul Baraolt. Transport T.I.R. cu autoutilitare sau camioane Renault Premium. Transport marfa pe Drumul European E87 (Clasa A) ori trasport pe Drumul National DN66A:Petrosani - Lupeni on Six Months . . . and Six Years
- wess on The Brand That Started a Weekend Boil
- Jeff on Nick Gets Married
- Hate Crimes, Matthew Shepard and What Happened Today
- DOMA Is 13 Years Old, ENDA Still Not Law
- DOJ Reply Brief in Smelt Filed
- Sunstein Confirmed, Some Progressives Still Skeptical
- Ohio House Passes LGBT Non-Discrimination Bill
- House Hears About Don't Ask, Don't Tell - and from Rep. Gohmert
- About Chris Geidner, a.k.a., the Law Dork
- Where's Dawn Johnsen?
- A Personal Rebuke to Ike Skelton
- Prop 8 Trial Comes to a Close
- Buzzing Along
chrisgeidner @ Twitter
They let me on the Tee Vee … On Wednesday, Feb. 23, I appeared in the lead segment on Capital Insider,...
Although I did not get to ask a question at today’s White House East Room event in which President Obama...
Yes, I have been a bad Law Dork. But, I’ve been writing plenty, at Metro Weekly, where I had been freelancing,...
Today was a day for celebrating the service of Justice John Paul Stevens. Today was a day for considering the impact...
Yet again, the Department of Justice filed a brief (pdf) in a federal trial court that defends a law in...
[This is a side discussion relating to this post, "Equality and the Rule of Law."] As Marty Lederman has written, “The...
[This is a side discussion relating to this post, "Equality and the Rule of Law."] In that vein, the brief filed...
[My earlier post regarding the EEOC and NLRB appointments, and Obama's use of recess appointments more generally, can be found...
Here are my reports at Metro Weekly from day one of D.C. same-sex weddings. First, the couples: ”There are no spectators here...
A great truth from Bil Browning at The Bilerico Project, about this past weekend: I was honored to co-host a gathering...